What are cookies?
"Cookies" are small files with information that a website (specifically the web server - web server) stores on a user's computer / tablet / mobile phone, so that every time the user logs on to the website, the latter retrieves this information and offer the user related services. A typical example of such information is the user's preferences on a website, as they are stated by the user's choices on that website (eg selection of specific "buttons", searches, ads, etc.).
Which law applies?
Cookies are governed by the e-privacy directive 2002/58 / EC as amended by Directive 2009/136 / EC (which has been incorporated into Greek Law by Law 3471/2006) as explicitly provided in the 2016/679 Protection Regulation Personal Data recital 173.
According to current law L3471 / 2006 (see article 4par5 of this law as amended by article 170 L 4070/2012) "The installation of" cookies "is allowed only with the consent of the user and after appropriate information."
For this reason, during the first visit of the user to the website www.elergon.gr, pop-up windows appear where the visitor user can express his consent to the installation of cookies that are specifically mentioned and are non-functional cookies that aim to improve products and of the services presented on the Website such as: the user rating or evaluation of products and services, the ordering of free samples, the printing of discount or non-discount coupons, the connection to social media, the configuration of audio and video players adjusting the information to the personal preferences of the user, statistical analysis cookies on the number of visitors to the website and the number of pages viewed without direct identification of the user, advertising cookies with the collection of information for internet advertising purposes which fall into certain general categories or areas of interest of the user by examining the websites he sees and the links he chooses on other websites as well as the emails from Elergon SA that opens and the links which selects from them by selecting ads only on the basis of data that do not allow the immediate identification of the user.
Which cookies are installed?
With your consent
- Google Analytics
- Browser agent data
- Unique identifier
- IP address
Without your consent
There are "cookies" that have been assessed by the Working Group of article 29 * as technically-functionally necessary for the realization of the connection to the website or for the provision of the internet service. For these the law does not require prior consent.
These are (see also Wp29 Opinion 4/2012):
- Cookies ”that are necessary for the identification and / or retention of content entered by the subscriber or user during a connection (session) to a website throughout the specific connection. (For example, such "cookies" are necessary when filling out an online form by the user).
In the same category are included the "persistent" "cookies" that are installed for the same purpose and last for a few hours.
- "Cookies" that are necessary for the authentication of the subscriber or user in services that require authentication
- "Cookies" that are set up for the security of the subscriber or user, such as "cookies" that detect repeated failed login attempts to a user's account on a particular website.
- "Cookies" with multimedia content, such as flash player "cookies", during a connection (session) to a website. Such are for example the "cookies" that are installed by viewing a video on the website that the user has visited.
- "Cookies" that are necessary for the realization of the technique of load distribution (load balancing) in a connection on a web site.
- "Cookies" that "remember" the choices of the subscriber or user regarding the presentation of the website (eg "cookies" concerning the choice of language or the presentation of search results on a website).
- "Cookies" that are installed through additional programs (plug ins) on social networking sites and relate to the sharing of content between certified members who have already logged in (logged in).
How to control cookies
You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer, as well as configure most browsers to prevent the installation of cookies. However, in this case, you may need to adjust some preferences yourself each time you visit a site, and some services may also not work.
To check and / or delete cookies according to your wishes details can be found here:
How can I accept or reject cookies on this website?
You can easily accept or reject cookies on this website by selecting one of the following links:
- I accept cookies / I reject cookies.
How will I be informed if the cookies policy changes
How can I contact Elergon SA?
If you have any comments or questions please contact us at: +30 210-2389590-2 or by sending an email to
* WP29: Established under Article 29 of Directive 95/46 / EC on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. The Group is advisory to the European Commission but is independent of it. It is composed of a representative of the Data Protection Authorities of each Member State and examines issues of particular importance or issues of particular interest relating to the protection of personal data and fall within the first pillar of the EU. The examination of the issues takes place either at the request of the European Commission or at the proposal of the members of the Group. The Group issues opinions and working texts. Already after the implementation of the 2016/679 Regulation, it functions as a European Council for the Protection of Personal Data.